Declan Donnelly 'to present final Saturday Night Takeaway without Ant McPartlin
ENTERTAINMENT

Declan Donnelly 'to present final Saturday Night Takeaway without Ant McPartlin

Offshore Technology International -
The news comes after McPartlin returned to rehab following an arrest for 'drink-driving'

Saturday Night Takeaway's Declan Donnelly will reportedly present the final episode without his long-term presenting partner Ant McPartlin.

The news comes after McPartlin cancelled all work commitments for the “foreseeable future” so he can return to rehab following his arrest for “drink-driving.”

While this weekend's episode of the popular ITV entertainment series has been cancelled, Good Morning Britain's senior news correspondent Jonathan Swain claims that Donnelly will present the final episode which is scheduled to air on 31 March.

“The final episode was due to be live from Orlando, Florida with a planeload of competition winners,” he said on the morning show earlier today (20 March), adding: “Well Dec will now be hosting that without his long-term best friend and presenting partner.”

ITV has reportedly declined to comment further.

McPartlin was arrested on Sunday (18 March) after he losing control of his vehicle at a roundabout in Richmond, south-west London crashing into two cars. He was arrested after failing a roadside breathalyser test.

It is the latest in a line of personal setbacks for the star, who works as Ant and Dec with Donnelly who is said to be “absolutely devastated” by the news. McPartlin entered rehab last year after struggling with an addiction to painkillers following a knee operation in 2015.

In January, McPartlin confirmed that he and his wife Lisa were separating after 11 years of marriage.

At the National Television Awards a few days after the split, McPartlin referred to his “tough year” while picking up the presenting prize with Donnelly which the duo have won for 17 years in a row.

According to The Sun, Donnelly is “very upset and needs time to make any decisions, which is why this weekend’s episode of Saturday Night Takeaway was cancelled.” “ITV understood that the show couldn’t go ahead without Dec and that he’ll have to make a final decision about what happens.”

If Swain is correct and Dec proceeds with presenting without McPartlin, it's unknown whether another host will be drafted in to take his place.

In a statement yesterday, a spokesperson for McPartlin said: Ant has decided to go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments.Ant and Dec.'

ITV added it had “...taken a joint decision with Ant and Dec’s team not to broadcast Saturday Night Takeaway this weekend.

“We will be reviewing options for the last two episodes of the series (March 31 and April 7) which would not feature Ant who is taking time off to seek treatment.

“We very much hope that he gets the help that he needs.“

You can write your opinion

No comment posted.